Monday, May 19, 2014

2nd Trimester Here I Come!! :)

The past two weeks seem to have flown by!! The last time I wrote on here I was just hitting 11 weeks and now I am 14 weeks tomorrow!! I have some updates so I will share those with you now!


We had our doctor's appointment at 11 weeks and 6 days. They tried to find the heartbeat with the Doppler but after a minute or two they couldn't find it so we did an ultrasound to make sure that everything was okay. I was pretty excited we were going to get to see our little one again! The doctor showed Cody the screen first and I have to say I was a little overwhelmed with emotion watching Cody look at the screen. I am definitely falling more and more in love with him everyday, and watching him get excited about this little blessing in our life has made me love him even more! Our little bundle of joy is looking great though! Still growing slightly ahead of schedule, and heart still beating!


After our appointment we went to the zoo! It was nice just to get out, walk, and enjoy all the animals! The lion part of the new exhibit was open so we got to check them out, and we even bought our baby their first stuffed animal! It's a little stuffed wolf! We figured we would go with something a little more gender neutral since we don't know what our baby is yet!!


Speaking of not knowing what our baby is yet we found out at our last appointment that our doctor is going to do a gender check at 16 weeks for us! I can't wait! Our next appointment is June 6th so hopefully we will know that morning if we will have a son or a daughter! I would love to hear your guys' guesses!! We won't be announcing the gender until Father's day though so you all will have to wait a little longer! :)


If it helps I will tell you some of my symptoms! My skin hasn't been too terrible I have had a few breakouts but it hasn't been bad at all! I have craved a lot of pastries, Taco Bell, and fruit. I had a handful of nauseous days but for the most part have been feeling pretty good. Last but not least the Chinese and Mayan predictors have both predicted girl!


Cody and I are kind of hoping for a boy but of course we would me more than happy with a little princess too! All in all we are just excited to know so get your guesses in you have a 50/50 chance of being right! ;) I will try to do better with updating! It's been crazy the past few weeks with Mother's day and all of that! I wanted to write a mother's day post but it never happened. :( So just in case you were wondering Cody made me breakfast in bed and I got a few maternity clothes for mother's day!


Here is our ultrasound picture from our last appointment! :) Baby has gotten so big since the first ultrasound and I can't wait to see them in 2 and a half weeks! Thanks for all of your support throughout our journey! Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words! Look for my next update hopefully (no promises) next week! :)




  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.