Saturday, March 15, 2014

Surgery?

Happy Saturday!!

As most of you know I was supposed to go into surgery yesterday at 1:30. They called me Thursday afternoon and told me I actually didn't need to come in until 2:15 so I was pretty bummed! I was not excited to fast that long but I was still excited to just get it over with!! On Friday morning I was just being a little lazy and taking my time getting ready since I had all day, but then the surgery center called... They said that the surgeries were going really quick and that Dr. Meek was very ahead of schedule. Then they asked if I could come in asap I told them I would be there in about half an hour and ran to take a quick shower before we headed out!

Half an hour later we arrived at Davis Surgical Center and got all checked in! We didn't have to wait long before a cute M.A took us back! She took my BP and my weight, asked a few questions, and told us they were going to do another pregnancy test just to make sure I wasn't pregnant.

After I gave them a sample I went to change into my gown and hat and all of that and climbed onto the bed.  Cody and I were talking for a few minutes when Dr. Meek asked if he could come in! When he came in he asked how long it had been since I had my last period. I told him I was on day like 32 of my cycle and my period hadn't started. Dr. Meek gave us a smile and told us we were pregnant and that we wouldn't be getting surgery today.

I immediately started bawling! I couldn't believe it!!!! This is the day we had waited for! 2 1/2 years we had spent trying to make this dream come true and it was finally happening!! I was getting dressed when the M.A asked if I was decent! She came in and told me she had the two positive pregnancy test and would take a picture of us if we wanted her to, so we got a few pictures and left the surgical center on cloud nine!! :)

Today I am still just so happy! Every little symptom of pregnancy I have had has almost brought me to tears I can't believe that it is finally our turn to be parents!  I feel so incredibly blessed and have been thanking my father above constantly this past 24 hours! We aren't very far along, probably only about 4 weeks if we count from my last period so we are still cautiously optimistic, but very excited and thinking positive thoughts!!


We decided that since everyone knew that we were going in for surgery we would announce our good news pretty quick! We didn't want to lie, and since you have all been so supportive and amazing I wanted to share our story with you all! Thanks for reading this blog and I will be continuing my blog with pregnancy updates and all other things involving pregnancy!

To all you amazing women out there still fighting for motherhood I am praying for you! I hope you all know that your Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of your heartache. Turn to him and he will help lift you up! Even if motherhood is not your fight he is there for you! I know so many amazing women out there who are waiting for marriage, motherhood, friendship, and so many other things. Hold on!! Your time will come and if you stay close to the Lord he will guide you to your happiness. He will make you stronger, and he will carry you when you are too tired to walk! I have been there and know that he is the reason I am where I am today! I love you all!

Love,
Bree and baby!

2 comments:

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.