Thursday, March 20, 2014

Symptoms

I have had quite a few people asking me if I am having any symptoms yet so I thought that I would write a short little blog post and give you the details!! So if you don't want to know stop reading now haha. :)

So far I have not had any "morning sickness" but I hear that starts around week 6 for most women so we will see if I start enjoying that perk! I have had a few brief moments where I have felt a little nauseous but so far it has only been when I am in the car, and I have experienced car sickness in the past.  I am really hoping I don't have to deal with being nauseous though because I ride the frontrunner every morning and throwing up on there would not be fun!! :(

Another symptom I have been having is fatigue! I am tired all the time and by about 2:00pm everyday I just want to take a nap! Cody has been amazing though and has been keeping the house clean so when I get home I just get to relax! I am seriously so lucky to have such a great husband who has been working so hard to make sure that I don't have to.

I have had a bit of cramping but no worries no bleeding! At first that made me a little nervous but I have had a few friends who have said they experienced it too so that has helped me relax.  I am not proud to say I also googled it! That made me feel a little better too because the general consensus online is that it's just stretching and as long as there is no bleeding I am okay! :)

The other day Cody woke up in the middle of the night to me snacking, but that has only happened once. I have definitely had an increase in appetite so I keep lots of snacks around! I try to keep it healthy but every once in a while go for something not as good for me! I have noticed I have an aversion to meat for the moment. Cody and I spent 5 minutes in the pasta isle the other day because I couldn't decide on a sauce and the one with meatballs sounded disgusting! I usually love meat so I am hoping that will go away quickly!

The last two symptoms are pretty normal! I have been running to the bathroom a lot more often and have been a little more emotional!! I have had a couple of anger outbursts (don't worry not at anyone really), and I had a weird emotional moment when I started crying at the Let It Go song being sung by this guy who can do a whole bunch of different Disney character voices. Don't ask me why... I'm pregnant! Haha

On a more serious note I never thought I would be able to say those words. I have been waiting for 3 years to be tired, throw up, and have emotional meltdowns! I am not saying that it is all fun, but this is what I have been dreaming of. I feel so blessed for the opportunity to be a mother, and feel so lucky that my Father in Heaven has given me this chance! If any of you have advice, questions, or whatever, please feel free to comment, message me whatever you feel comfortable with! I am open to it all! Thanks for taking this journey with Cody and I! I feel blessed to have so many people interested in our story! I will update again soon, and we have our first Dr. appointment on April 1st, so I will definitely let you all know how it goes! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! With Madsen I could not even put chicken on my plate for the first three months and I'm usually a chicken person. Lemonade always soothed my stomach and nausea. Ginger ale too.

    -Darlin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't even stand the smell of cooking meat. I had really bad sickness. Just so you know sucking on sour things help. Lemons, Preggie Pops or Drops. Sour Patch kids. Peppermint will settle your stomach too. If your sickness gets bad just ask you doc for some meds. I had to have the meltaways cause I couldn't even keep the pills down. I did have to go to the hospital the one time to get an IV. Hope you don't get it that bad.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.